× General Chat

[ANSWERED] @search not returning results

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #670 by bigjoejack
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use @search in the #ebooks channel but nothing gets returned. It's been years since I used IRC but I still see on websites that this is a valid command to return results. @search or @find does work on undernet.

Setup:
Latest version of LinuxMint and XCHAT

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bigjoe
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bigjoejack. Reason: issue resolved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #671 by Andrio
We're in the middle of switching to new server software, so, depending on which server you ended up on, whichever bot you're trying to use might not be online.

Try again later. In the meantime, you can check whether you're on the new IRCd or not: click to the server/status tab and type /quote version. If the output mentions InspIRCd, that's the new IRCd.

You can continue to use the address irc.irchighway.net to connect, or ipv6.irchighway.net.

'I help where I can.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigjoejack

More
8 years 2 months ago #672 by bigjoejack
Thanks Andrio.

I connected today and confirmed that I was able to use @search | @find. /quote version also displayed "InspIRCd". Just so you know, I ended up getting "Connection Failed. Error: Network is unreachable" when trying to use ipv6.irchighway.net. I ended up continuing to use irc.irchighway.net.

Cheers.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #673 by Andrio

bigjoejack wrote: I ended up getting "Connection Failed. Error: Network is unreachable" when trying to use ipv6.irchighway.net. I ended up continuing to use irc.irchighway.net.

Well, your ISP needs to support IPv6. And you need to be using an operating system that's not too ancient to know what IPv6 is.
Never mind it, then.~

'I help where I can.'
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Andrio. Reason: Badly cut quote.

More
8 years 2 months ago #674 by bigjoejack
I feel like an idiot now for posting that last comment. I should have realized that… IPv4 and IPv6 are two entirely different protocols. :P

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds