- Only 1 vHost is allowed per user. If a user wishes to have an additional vHost for a bot, this is allowed.
- vHosts must contain at least one dot/period ( . ), for technical reasons.
- vHosts must only contain alphanumeric characters (0-9, a-z, and dots ( . ) and dashes ( - )
- vHosts must *not* contain an @ (for our purposes, a vhost is everything after the @ sign ex the vHost i.like.cookies will appear as @i.like.cookies)
- Must not be an IP or IP lookalike (127.0.0.1/127.o.o.l)
- Must not mimic government agencies/tlds/etc (*.gov/*.gc.ca, FBI/etc) or private organizations w/ gov't affiliations (RIAA/etc)
- Must not mimic/resemble actual domains or TLDs/etc (Exceptions can/will be made upon proof that you own the domain & have it registered for a minimum of 3 years from vHost request date)
- Must not contain the words 'IRCHighway', 'network', or any IRCop nick/etc.
- Must not contain racist words (what is considered 'racist/derogatory' is subject to discretion by VHT members.)
- Must not refer to channels/other networks, within reason (ex there's a channel #stargate-fans, the vHost i.am.a.stargate.fan is fine)
- Must not refer to kiddy-like activity (DoS'ing/rooting/'carding', etc)
- Must not be more than 63 characters in length, including dots ( . )
- You cannot apply for a vhost someone else is using, unless you have an agreement with that person
- You will be banned from the vhost system if you use vhosts to evade network bans
- vHosts that look like services-encrypted vhosts are not allowed.
- VHT reserves the right to reject/remove any vhost.
Timing: You must wait 14 days before requesting a new vhost for the same nick
A vHost request may take 72 hours, or more, to be processed.
In order to apply for your vHost use:
/msg HostServ REQUEST vhost
Last Update: November 14, 2016.