The IRCHighWay IRC network ("IRCHighWay" or "the network") recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our web sites, and chat services. We created this policy with a fundamental respect for our users’ right to privacy and to guide our relationships with our users. This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for all services provided by IRCHighWay.
- Services registration:
- When connected to our IRC network, users may opt to register their nick. By doing this, users can fully utilize the features our network services offer, such as channel registration. Their contact email address will not be revealed to other user's unless they specify to do so, IRCHighWay staff will not use this information for any purpose other than to contact the user themself should the need arise, the last seen address is also not revealed unless specified and masked if the user is set to usermode +x which is a default mode.
- We collect contact information for password recovery purposes, in order to extrapolate demographic information used to improve the quality of our services; and finally in order to be able to identify users when the situation requires it.
- All of our services are free to subscribers, whom must agree to be bound by our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our website:
- On our website, we offer interactive and community features such as discussion boards and user profiles. In order to use these facilities, users need to register. During the registration process, users are required to give their contact information (such as name, e-mail address and location). Users may choose to provide further information, such as their occupation and hobbies. Note that all personal information sent or posted via such features becomes public information, with the exception of the e-mail address which can be hidden. We cannot be held responsible for third-parties use of such information.
- For internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type and IP address of all visitors. This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis and system administration.
- If users feel the need to have their personal information deleted, they may do so themselves by editing their account; or by contacting the network administration.
- We use reasonable precautions to protect our users’ personal information and to store it securely. We provide the means to send sensitive information (such as passwords) to us securely. In addition, access to all of our users’ information, not only the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only staff members who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. network administrators) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. However, please note that hack-proof security does not exist and we cannot be held liable should anyone ever be able to retrieve the mentioned information.
- With whom your information is shared:
- We will only disclose information we obtain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or properties.
- We will not release private information to companies, organisations or third parties. Users should be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission.
- Additional info:
- Our web sites may contain links to other sites. IRCHighWay is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of this fact when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each web site to which we may link; as they may collect personally identifiable information.
- Questions regarding this policy can be addressed to the network administration. Their contact details may be found on our website.
Network Administration Staff